Physiotherapy Equipment Service & Repair
EME Services Ltd specialise in Physiotherapy Equipment. Our meticulous service engineers are manufacturer trained and certified, with decades of hands-on experience dealing with all types and makes of physiotherapy equipment.
We offer planned preventative maintenance, calibration, repairs and electrical safety testing to medical standards. We utilise the best in medical safety testing equipment and manufacturer approved service test adapters.
Our extensive customer base includes Chartered Physiotherapists, Clinics, NHS Hospitals, Private Hospitals, Universities, Government, Industrial and Elite Professional Sport organisations.
We can arrange a service engineer visit to your site, or devices can be sent to our workshop facility in Manchester.
On completion of a service or repair, we generate a computerised service report which we print off on-site, listing each physiotherapy device individually, detailing all work performed and any outstanding issues which may require rectification.
We have vast experience in servicing all types and makes of electrotherapy equipment, including:
- Ultrasound Therapy Machines
- Interferential Therapy Machines
- Pulsed and Continuous Shortwave Therapy Units
- Laser Therapy Devices
- Radial Pressure Wave / Shockwave Therapy Units
- EMG Biofeedback Machines
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Units
Probably one of the most overlooked items in a department, but also the most important – the treatment plinth receives more use than any other device in a therapy department. A defective treatment plinth can lower productivity and put patient safety at risk.
As part of a treatment couch service, we lubricate the pivots, inspect the frame integrity, check for loose or missing bolts, test for electrical safety where appropriate, adjust gas springs, and replace missing parts such as frame caps and floor levellers.
Something as innocent looking as a missing floor frame end cap can cause further faults – if the couch is moved and inadvertently lowered off its castors onto the mains cable, the bare frame tubing can slice a mains cable.
Torn or cracked upholstery can present an infection control issue. As part of a service, we report on defective upholstery and can provide quotations for re-upholstery or section replacement.
As part of a standard service or repair on a medical device, we test the device for electrical safety to medical standards. This form of testing is more in-depth than a basic Portable Appliance Test, helping to protect both the operator and patient. We use modern test equipment, our inventory includes Fluke ESA601, Rigel 266+ and Rigel 288 medical safety analysers.
A typical medical safety test includes simulating mains faults and measuring:
- Earth Resistance
- Mains and Applied Part Insulations
- Earth and Enclosure Leakage Currents
- Patient Leakage Currents
We are experienced working in a wide range of environments:
- Domestic and Commercial Physiotherapy Practices
- GP Surgeries and Community Health Centres
- NHS and Private Hospitals
- Professional Sports, including many Premier League Clubs, The FA, and the English Institute of Sport
- Universities and Schools of Physiotherapy
- Industrial and Manufacturing, including Nuclear Power Stations, Ship Building, Car Factories and Drug Manufacturing
- EME Services Ltd are manufacturer trained service agents for the Ormed Artromot range of Continuous Passive Motion devices, including the extremely popular Artromot K1 CPM
- Our trained engineers have experience with a wide range of Fitness equipment, including ergometers, exercise cycles, treadmills.
- Our engineers are competent with Non-Invasive Blood Pressure Machines, with modern Fluke Biomedical test equipment to verify function and calibration.
- We have experience working in NHS EBME Medical Physics environments with Nebulisers, Portable Suction Units and Vital Sign devices.